I was going to call it my boudoir, but this seems much more accurate. It’s dimly lit, and someone or something might jump out at you from a closed door.
This also now appears to be the primary residence of my teeny old kitty, Drucilla. She blends right into the bed and I have to say, it’s super adorable (to me). She’s the reason there’s a dining room chair to the right of the bed; she struggles to get up there without it.
Note the number of patterns between the bedding, headboard and curtains? The headboard fabric is temporary; my old bedroom colour scheme was based around a vintage kimono and the headboard was a burgundy velvet no longer feels right.
A big black, blank canvas. I wish I could paint but for now, it fills the space. The dresser was also painted to coordinate with my kimono and now needs a colour change. Who wants to paint it for me?
A few changes to come…
- window film to replace the IKEA panel curtains that came with the house
- new headboard fabric –
- a rug, perhaps?
- more art
- repainting the dresser
- wardrobe & curtains: IKEA
- bedding: West Elm
- dresser: made in London, ON, 15 years ago
- art: dots canvases are fabric from ikea
- headboard: I made it myself, currently covered with an IKEA fabric
- copper pipe chair: bought at an art auction years ago
- teak dresser: vintage, MacCool’s Reuse in Prince Edward County
- faux sheepskin rug: IKEA
- night table and lamp: IKEA